Sunday 14 December 2014

Internet Research Report

Slug Lines

From my Internet research, I found out how to properly format Slug Lines. They are made up of three parts.
Part 1 – Internal (INT.) or External (EXT.) Whether the scene takes place inside or outside.
Part 2 – The location of the scene
Part 3 – The time of day it is

Phone calls

From my Internet research, I found out that there are two ways to indicate that someone is on the phone. If you can hear what the other person is saying on the phone you indicate this by putting (V.O) next to the character’s name, which means Voice Over. If you cannot hear the other person on the phone, you treat it as if it was normal dialogue and use stage directions to show that the character is on the phone.

Off Screen Characters

From my Internet research I found out that if we can hear a character talking from somewhere off screen then we indicate this by putting (O.S) next to their name.

Cut Off Speech

From my Internet research I learnt that to show that a character has been cut off mid sentence I have to put a – at the end of the character’s dialogue.



No comments:

Post a Comment